Tuesday, December 22, 2009

BBQ So Good, A Vegetarian Could Eat It

Sorry for not posting much lately, but man it has been goofy. We had to prepare for the Nixa Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting on December 21, 2009 so that took some strategic planning for completion of four sides, pit chili and 8 types of meats. But we pulled it off and arrived at the C of C with only minutes to spare. Man, that was nuts; almost like being at a cook-off.


I should have photos of the ribbon cutting ceremony tomorrow that I can upload, but it was a huge success.

Since I came up with the idea of "Pit Chili" I wasn't sure how well it would be received. Well, let me tell you, that was one of the first dishes that went the quickest; and I do mean quick. Brisket and sliced Pork Tenderloin went quickly as well. We put four squeeze bottles on the table, each one containing a BBQ sauce and I was curious which type would go over the best. Without a doubt my Original Recipe came in first, followed by Holy Chipotle, Carolina Mustard and dead last was an Eastern Carolina vinegar based sauce.

But the priceless moment came after everyone had finished their meal. Come to find out, one of the chamber members was a vegetarian. I thought, great; talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but no. I feel like stealing the insurance company line, "so easy a caveman could do it" but replace it with "BBQ so good, even a vegetarian could eat it." Let me tell you, she did. That woman ate every type of meat we put out; from brisket to burnt ends to hot links to pork. BAM!

How many of you BBQ guys out there has converted a vegetarian with your cooking?

No comments: