Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby

Well, what can I say. Our final health inspection did happen on Friday with one exception; they couldn't test our hot water because the water lines had frozen!! I walked into the trailer Friday morning to discover the temp had fallen to 16 degrees and knew we were in big trouble.


I tried to get the heat up, but I needed more time, so our final final health inspection will be Monday December 7 and then we can get our permits to open the doors, well at least a serving window. Hopefully the wintery weather being forecast for Tuesday won't decide to show up early.

By the way, if you follow this blog you know I have all my meats in place except Chicken but that missing link has been filled in on our menu. We will be serving Raised Right Meats brand of organic, free range chicken. RMM does not use antibiotics or growth stimulants or genetically altered feed. Another great aspect of using their chickens is they're raised locally in Bois D'Arc, and we are happy to offer their chickens to you. Their products must be good, I found them at the Farmers Market this morning and noticed they were selling eggs for $4+ a dozen. When I asked to buy a dozen the owner told me they started out the day with 78 dozen and were sold out by 10am.

The owner, Kip Glass and I were discussing how meats and produce had almost come full circle over the past 45-50 years. Back in those days people did buy their meats and veggies directly from the farmer, but then it shifted to the Supermarkets and now, it's returning to the way folks used to buy their food.

No comments: