Monday, December 7, 2009

We Are Go For Launch

Even though the temps never got above freezing this afternoon, we did pass our final health inspection allowing us to finally open the doors. Once we get the health department permit then we can get the others, so maybe we can open the week of December 14, 2009. If not, it'll be Christmas week which I'm not wild about, but I want to get going. Not to mention the fact we have our Chamber ribbon cutting on December 21 and I also want to treat the Nixa Fire Department to our Pit Chili because these guys don't get the recognition they deserve and they would love a free dinner at their place.


Also, another development today. We sent in our fee to attend a two-day seminar in Murphysboro, Illinois with "The Legend" Mike Mills at his 17th Street Bar & Grill. It's a hands-on training event to teach the in's and out's of running a BBQ joint. I've attended his class on competition BBQ techniques, but I can't tell you how fired up I am to attend this event. The entry fee wasn't bad, but the information and knowledge will be priceless.

I know of no other Pitmasters from around here who have taken as much "continuing education" as we have invested in and I know it will be a valuable asset in the day-to-day operations of Chain Gang BBQ.

No comments: