Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Internet Polling To Decide Lunch Specials

I decided to try something new on lunch specials. A friend of mine has over 500 fans on her Facebook page, so she turned them on to the Chain Gang Facebook site. I started out on Facebook is 13 fans and three days after my friend "spread the word" I had 110 fans.

So, Tuesday, I put a poll on Facebook to vote on 3 lunch specials. Their choices were a hot link coney smothered in pit chili, a smoked meatloaf sandwich and a 1/3 slab of ribs. All specials come with a side, chips and a drink for one price. A few fans voted and today's special was the hot link coney, but what was cool was everyone who voted stopped by for the special. Tomorrow is the meatloaf sandwich with ribs coming on Friday.

I made a living off of marketing, but this Internet thing with sites like Facebook is a cheap way to advertise. Anything to build your business.

No comments: