Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'll Make You Some BBQ You Can't Refuse

Well, after close of business Sunday marks our first week being open and things have gone very well. Although the weather has been cold and working through the New Year, customers have continued to increase each day. Today was our busiest yet having almost sold out of everything. When I closed tonight I only had two slabs of ribs left and maybe a pound of pulled pork.

Now keep in mind, we've not dropped a dime on advertising so I'm assuming our feeding the C of C worked out well and maybe some word of mouth advertising. One of my customers today bought two brisket sandwiches and took it back to their office across the street. Later, they asked me if I could BBQ two slabs of ribs for lunch next week, so obviously they liked their lunch, otherwise they would have never asked for more.


I am always amazed at how the pork butts and briskets come off the Ole Hickory Pit. Today, I cut up a brisket point for burnt ends and the juice from the meat was everywhere. And speaking of burnt ends, two guys, recent imports from K C were tickled to death that finally a BBQ operation down here was serving these little beefy, tasty tidbits. One couple stopped today and I told them about the burnt ends dinner, well, they'd never heard of burnt ends so I offered to show them what they looked like. I invited them to the pit, opened the Ole Hickory and showed them what the product looked like; they bought two of the dinners AND two pulled pork sandwiches.

Without looking at the tickets, I would guess and say we've had around 25 customers and that's not too shabby considering we weren't even there four days ago.

Stop by when you can.

No comments: