Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter & BBQ Don't Mix

In a previous life, I really enjoyed Winter. After all, if you live in the midwest, it's usually the one season you don't have to worry about severe weather, hail or tornadoes, but so far, the Winter of 2010 is beginning to get on my nerves.


Upon learning of a record low coming our way, yesterday I went and bought another portable heater to accompany my Sun Twin in order to keep the temps up inside as they plunged outside. Now, we'd had some problems with blowing breakers since setting up to sell BBQ and the RV guy was coming to re-wire and boost our ability to run appliances, lights, heat and everything needed. Well, I went to the trailer today to meet my guy and BAM!, we'd blown the breakers and it was a balmy 29 degrees inside. I don't know when everything shot craps, but it did get down to -6 this morning. Everything was a frickin' block of ice. Sometimes, it feels like it would be like opening an outdoor Mojito Bar in Fargo.

So, guess what, we're going to be closed again tomorrow! As Homer would say, DOH! But then I thought about that question they always asked on "The Sopranos." You know the one, "Hey, whatta ya gonna do?" Nothing you can do, except put out a contract on that damned groundhog back east by telling him, "hey, you predict six more weeks of Winter and you'll be clipped."

Just one ray of hope. Spring Training is about 45 days away. Now, who wants to whack that groundhog?

No comments: